Follow these steps to begin using the dialer feature for inbound and outbound calls
For questions on call and text message billing please review the help article here.
Setting up the calling feature
1. Prior to dialing out make sure to check your specific billing page and take note of the number of call minutes (to the US and Canada) are included in your pricing plan. For questions on checking limits and usage click here.
2. To enable/access the recordings option please refer to the Call Recording section below.
3. Begin by adding a "Brokerkit Number" and "Forwarding Number" to your account. If you have not already added a personal number and set up forwarding for text communication, please start by reading the article here.
Find the contact to call
3. Begin by logging in to Brokerkit and searching for a contact you wish to call.
4. Add any filters as needed from the "advanced options" menu.
5. Click on the name of the contact you would like to call to pull up their profile.
Select the call option
6. Once their profile is pulled up select the "Call" dropdown menu and select the number you would like to dial and you will see a brief dialogue open while the call is connecting, then the dialer will appear on the screen.
7. Once the dialer is up the call has initiated, and while this window is open you can begin typing in the "Notes" text box. The dialer will stay open as long as the line is open. If the call goes to voicemail or ends for any reason the notes will be saved and transferred back to the individual's profile for your final review.
Make necessary notes
8. Once the call has ended you will be redirected to the call note page to log the call.
9. In the bottom left of the call note is the Call Disposition drop-down menu. It will default to "Completed" but you should change it to the proper status of the call.
10. The lead status dropdown will show below Call Disposition and it will default to Contact Attempt. Be sure to update the lead to the proper status based on your call interaction.
11. Be sure to click the "Log Phone Call" button to log the call. You can select the "Shared" icon to adjust the visibility settings.
Reviewing notes and call recordings
12. You will see your notes saved on the profile after you log the call. If you have call recording enabled you will see the recording in the notes section.
How to enable and access call recordings.
Call Recordings is a feature that can be activated per user and has usage based pricing. For more information on tracking usage and limits click here.
1. Start by selecting your name from the top right of the home page and select "User Settings".
2. Next scroll down past the "Signature" text box and make sure the "Record Calls" box is checked. After making any additional desired changes select the "Update User Settings" button.
3. Now after making calls using the dialer feature a recording will be automatically created and saved to the profile.
4. After using the dialer feature and logging a note, you will be directed to the contact profile timeline where the recording will now be stored. You can also select the menu icon in the message player to download the recording to your device. Now any time you or any other user with the admin or staff role in your account can access the recording in the contact profile to stream or download.
Receiving Inbound Calls
1. If you followed the instructions at the top of the page to set up call forwarding, then all incoming calls will be forwarded directly to your personal phone.