To track your email and text usage, please follow the steps below to view your usage month to date and the prior month:
1) Click on your name in the top right to go to the user profile menu and select Billing
2) On the Billing page, you will see the below table with your usage stats for emails and texts
Text Messages vs. Text Segments
- Standard texts are 160 characters long, but modern phones and the major telecommunications carriers allow you to send longer text messages which are split into multiple segments and joined (concatenated) back into one message at the end.
- These long messages include multiple segments but appear as one message seamlessnessly to the receiver.
- The message totals will show how many messages you sent or received, whereas the segment count will show the count of actual segments underlying those messages.
- If you are on a plan that includes an allocation of text segments and emails with usage billing for additional emails or text segments, you can track your month to date usage with the below chart. For usage billing, segments are the total you should track since usage billing is based on text segments vs. messages as this is how telecommunication carriers bill.