To track your email, text, and phone usage, please follow the steps below to view your usage month to date and for the prior month:
How do I determine my limits?
1) Click on your name in the top right to go to the user profile menu and select "Billing".
2. You will see your plan directly under the "Subscription" text.
3. By selecting "Change Plan" you will be redirected to the "Your Subscription" page. Your current plan will be listed next to the other available billing options, and all of the limits for the various plans will be listed underneath their respective plans.
How do I track my usage against those limits?
1.) Navigate to your billing page. Once you are on the billing page you will see the below table with your usage stats for emails, texts, and calls.
- Text Messages vs. Text Segments: Standard texts are 160 characters long, but modern phones and the major telecommunications carriers allow you to send longer text messages which are split into multiple segments and joined (concatenated) back into one message at the end.
- These long messages include multiple segments but appear as one message seamlessly to the receiver.
- The message totals will show how many messages you sent or received, whereas the segment count will show the count of actual segments underlying those messages.
- Your text message sent first will count towards your monthly total, as well as any reply from the recipient, and any additional messages you reply back with.
- Also, if using call forwarding, each forwarded recipient's reply and any follow-up reply from you, will also count towards your monthly totals.
- If you are on a plan that includes an allocation of text segments and emails with usage billing for additional emails or text segments, you can track your month-to-date usage with the below chart. For usage billing, segments are the total you should track since usage billing is based on text segments vs. messages as this is how telecommunication carriers bill.
Calls & Call Recordings
- The billing report includes call usage and recording (in minutes) and will be broken down by totals for each by reporting for that day, week, month, and prior month.
- Call recording minutes are only relevant to individuals who have enabled call recording on their "User Settings" page. To read more on how to enable call recordings click here.
- You can also go to the Activity Report to see who sent emails and texts. Note that the text counts in the Activity Report will differ from the Text Message/Segment counts in the billing report as the Activity Report only shows 1) messages and not segment counts and 2) it only shows outbound texts sent and not inbound texts