Video is a powerful way to reach recruits and build instant rapport. Unfortunately, Gmail's file size limit, bulk email, and videos don't get along well. Thankfully, there's an easy way around it.
First, you'll need to upload your video to a video sharing site such as YouTube or Vimeo.
Next, take a screenshot of the video.
- On a Mac, press ⌘ + Shift + 4 to turn your cursor into a cross-hair, and draw a box around the video. The screenshot will automatically save to your desktop.
- On a PC, press Ctrl + Print Screen to take a screenshot of your entire screen. You'll then need to paste it into Paint or any other image editing software and crop it down to just the video.
Finally, from Brokerkit, click a lead to open their profile, and select Email along the top action bar. Use the Add Image button to insert the cropped screenshot you just took. Next, click on the image and select the Add Link button, and paste in the URL where your video is hosted.
One of the great things about using a screenshot of the video is that it has the play and command buttons right in the image. It's easy for a prospect to assume the video is embedded, click the link, and go straight to your video.
If you or a member of your staff is comfortable with adding text to the image preview, feel free to add enticements like "Click to learn more!" Canva is a great, free option for image editing.
Tracking Who Watched Your Video
With Brokerkit's engagement tracking feature, you can also track which recruiting leads or agents clicked through to watch your video.
Here is how:
- Make sure you only add one link to click in your email which would be the clickable image that takes the recipient to the email
- Send out your email with the video above via the Brokerkit bulk or campaign email which enables engagement tracking, whereas single emails to a lead or agent do not.
- After your email goes out, use the Engagement filter in the Advanced Search below and select either Email Clicks last 7 Days or 30 days to see who clicked through to watch your video
4. Select the lead or agent and find the email in the timeline and you can see the number of clicks on the email in the bottom right corner of the email along with the number of opens and the overall email delivery status
Note: You can also use the Engagement Filter to track the number of clicks and opens each email had in the lead or agent profile in the bottom right corner of the email like below: